Thursday, January 5, 2012

Firsts

I feel like lately my cooking has started to evolve. I am becoming more adventurous. For the first time last night I used an onion. I diced it up all by myself, lol. I usually just used dried onion flakes or skipped the onion all together. I just never really cared for them. But I did it, and all worked out well.
Last night I also used Tomatillos for the first time. Before Monday I didn't even know what they were but now I do. They were interesting. Eli ask if I tasted one before I put it in the soup and to be honest it didn't even cross my mind.
Last night as we were eating the yummy soup Eli said "now if we can just get you to play with raw chicken." I think I threw up in my mouth when he said that. Just the thought of raw meat makes me, ugh! That is going to be my biggest obstacle to overcome. I have gotten to the point where I can tough the meat when it's frozen and I am not as freaked out when I take the plastic off the roll of sausage. I think it's just going to take some time.
Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment